We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, but McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor. Portions of the annual operating costs for the Central New York Ronald McDonald House are graciously funded by McDonald’s and the owner/operators of our local McDonald’s restaurants. The remainder of our annual operating income comes from the generosity of individual and corporate donors.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- The 22 owner/operators and 103 restaurants in Central New York and Northern Pennsylvania partner with RMHC of CNY for promotional and fundraising events.
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Several owner/operators participate on the RMHC of CNY board every year.
- RMHC Donation Boxes hosted in restaurants are the largest source of ongoing fundraising for RMHC of CNY.
- McDonald’s conducts an annual fundraiser in November called McHappy Day. This year, customers at McDonald’s restaurants across the country can participate in the Give A Hand in-restaurant program. For each hand sold at McDonald’s restaurants from November 10th thru November 20th, $1 will be given to RMHC of CNY. In 2010, McHappy Day raised nearly $34,000 for RMHC of CNY.
- Participating McDonald’s restaurants in the U.S. donate proceeds from all daily Happy Meal and Mighty Kids Meal sales to RMHC, McDonald’s “Charity of Choice,” benefitting thousands of children and their families every day. This initiative will continue through 2012.
Although McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor, no company can solely fund RMHC of CNY programs and our projected growth. We need the support of the entire community and greatly value any support you can afford to RMHC of CNY, whether it’s through cash or in-kind donations, your time or fundraising efforts.